Recording Student Responses Using a Computer
Instructions and important information
The scripts for the AP French, German, Italian, and Spanish Language and Culture Exams and the AP Music Theory Exam in the 2015-16 AP Exam Instructions book include instructions for recording on a computer with MP3 software.
This page contains supplemental information about recording MP3 files using the software program Audacity®.
- Recording Student Responses for AP French, German, Italian, and Spanish Language and Culture (.pdf/631KB)
- Recording Student Responses for AP Music Theory (.pdf/615KB)
- Download Audacity for Windows (.exe)
- Download Audacity for Windows (.zip)
- Download Audacity for Mac (.dmg)
- Download Audacity for Mac (.zip)
- Download Lame Encoder Library for Windows
- Download Lame Encoder Library for Mac
Audacity is a free software product for PC or Mac that can be used to record audio from a computer sound card to hard disk in MP3 file format. This is not an AP Program or ETS endorsement of this product. If you experience any problems during the installation or configuration of the Audacity software product only, technical assistance is available between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. Your school staff may email AP-MP3Recordertech@ets.org or call 609-406-5677 for assistance during these hours.
Use of this software is subject to the license agreement contained in the .zip file package.