beginning of content:

Credit & Placement Policies

Find institutions granting credit for qualifying AP Exam scores

Through qualifying AP Exam scores, students can earn credit, advanced placement, or both at most four-year colleges and universities in the United States, as well as at colleges and universities in more than 60 other countries.

Individual colleges and universities, not the College Board or the AP Program, grant course credit and placement. Because policies vary across institutions, students should obtain a college's AP policy in writing. Encourage your students to find this information by using the AP Credit Policy Info search tool.

Colleges that have received a student's AP score report will generally notify the student of any earned placement, credit, and exemption during the summer. Students can also contact the college's admissions office to check on the status of their AP credits.