AP Coordinator Tutorial
Are you new to your role as AP Coordinator?
Below is a series of brief videos designed to give you an overview of your responsibilities before, during and after the AP Exam administration. Throughout the tutorial, we let you know exactly where to go for further details. The tutorial is presented by Derek Kameda, a College Board consultant and AP Coordinator for the Harker School in San Jose, Calif.
Top Coordinator Resources
These are the resources mentioned most frequently in the tutorial:
This section covers the basics of the AP Program and the role of the AP Coordinator, plus an overview of resources available to Coordinators.
- AP Credit Policy Info
- Coordinating the Exam
- AP Downloads and Materials Ordering
- AP Coordinator Newsletter Archive
- Join the AP Coordinator Community
- AP Annual Conference
- Institutes and Workshops Search
In this section, you'll get an overview of the annual participation and AP Course Audit processes and the exam fees, fee reductions and other things you'll need to keep in mind as you begin to plan for the exam administration.
- AP Course Audit
- AP Course Ledger
- Exam Dates
- Fees and Fee Reductions
- Fee Reductions for AP Exams
- Federal and State AP Exam Fee Assistance
- Off-Site Testing
- 2015-16 AP Course Audit Calendar (.pdf/250KB )
- 2015-16 AP Coordinator Planning Calendar (.pdf/394KB)
- Sample Student Registration Form (.rtf/76KB)
- Sample Exam-Taker Agreement (.rtf/54KB)
- Spreadsheet for Keeping Track of Student Exams (.xls/28KB)
- Spreadsheet for 2016 Proctor Scheduling and Room Organization (.xls/31KB)
This section offers a step-by-step guide to ordering AP Exams online.
Preparing for the Exams
In this section, you'll learn about receiving and checking your exam shipments and what you'll need to do to get students and proctors ready for exam day.
- 2016 Proctor Training Instructions (.pdf/1MB)
- AP Preadministration Instructions (.pdf/501KB)
- Preadministration Session PowerPoint (.ppt/2.63MB)
- Sample Letters to Students:
On Exam Day
This section gives an overview of exam security policies and how to set up testing rooms, seat students, and handle administration incidents.
- Bulletin for AP Students and Parents 2015-16 (.pdf/1.9MB)
- 2016 Incident Report (IR) Form (.pdf/116KB)
After the Exams
In this section, you'll learn about completing post-exam paperwork, returning your exams, and receiving score reports.
- Designating Class Sections
- AP Coordinator Comment Form
- Online Score Reports Website
- Online Scores for Schools and Districts
- Tips for Using Online Score Reports
- Online Score Reports for Educators: Samples and Tips (.pdf/693KB)
- Online Score Reports for Students (.pdf/849KB)
Exams Requiring Special Preparation
This section covers planning for, ordering, and administering exams that require special equipment or planning: world languages, Music Theory and Studio Art exams, and exams for students with disabilities.
- World Language Exams
- Music Theory Exam
- Studio Art Exams
- Studio Art Digital Submission Demo
- Studio Art Digital Submission Application
- Accommodations on AP Exams
- SSD Online
This section explains course and exam changes for the 2015-16 school year.