37th Annual Summer Institute on College Admission and School Relations
July 31-August 4, 2017
The University of San Diego
Join us at the five-day Institute on College Admission and School Relations, and begin setting the foundation for a rewarding and lasting career in college admission.
This annual event was designed to help newly hired admission and outreach staff develop the skills necessary to build strong institutional partnerships and assist students in the coming years. Faculty from a variety of institutions will provide personalized instruction, while discussion-based workshops will give you an opportunity to make connections and network among peers.
Apply now to participate in this in-depth professional development event and:
- Discuss the larger policy issues that impact institutions and families
- Learn about the factors that affect admissions decisions
- Gain a better understanding and appreciation of the admissions profession
- Begin building a long-lasting career
More than 250 colleges and universities across the country have sent participants to the institute. Join our community of passionate and distinguished colleagues to gain a comprehensive understanding of the role that admission professionals play in the higher education landscape.
View a list of institutions that have sent participants in previous years (.pdf/174K).
Learn firsthand from esteemed leaders in the rapidly changing field of enrollment management who will share their knowledge and offer insights.
This year's institute will be led by:
- Kirk Brennan, University of Southern California
- Deren Finks, Harvey Mudd College
- Carlos Jimenenz, Colorado College
- Julie McCulloh, Gonzaga University
- Marcela Mejia-Martinez Chapman University
- James Montoya, The College Board
- Stephen Pultz, University of San Diego
- Robynne Royter-Lofton,Mills College
- Carl Thomas, Oregon Institute of Technology
- Bryan Whish The College Board
|Registrant from Member Institution||$925|
|Registrant from Nonmember Institution||$975|
Registration fees include:
- Accommodations—a shared bedroom in an apartment. Please note that all participants must reside in the on-campus housing during the institute.
- Meals and refreshment breaks
- All resource materials
The Summer Institute is limited to individuals who are actively employed as collegiate admission and enrollment planning staff who have 2 years of experience or less in college admission
Enrollment is limited and applicants are accepted on a rolling basis. Once the institute fills up, additional participants will be put on a waiting list, and they will be notified two weeks before the institute if there is space available.
Applications must be received by June 30, 2017. After June 30, please call 408-367-1429 to learn if space is still available.
An income-tax deduction is allowed for educational expenses (including tuition, travel, meals, and lodging) undertaken to maintain and improve professional skills. (See Treasury Regulation 1:162-5 or Coughlin vs. Commissioner 270 F2d 307.)
There is no cancellation fee for registered participants who cancel at least three weeks before the institute. Participants who cancel less than three weeks before the institute will be charged a $100 service fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations made three days or fewer before the institute begins.