Call for Nominations
Members of the College Board's governance structure represent the perspectives of students, colleagues and the education community. By lending their voices and views to discussions about College Board policies, programs and procedures, the members of our councils and committees are in a unique position to effect change.
We encourage you to consider nominating a colleague to represent your voice.
Key benefits of participating in the College Board's governance include:
- Serving on committees and panels to advise on College Board programs, products, and policies
- Participating in decision making to shape policies within the education community
- Planning regional and national conferences to address key education issues
Roles and responsibilities
Please note that all candidates considered for national and regional council and committee positions must be affiliated with College Board member institutions.
Southwestern Regional Assembly
- Provide a forum through which College Board members can deliberate on matters of mutual concern.
- Improve communications across the education spectrum.
- Evaluate and promote the use of College Board programs, services and activities.
- Advise the regional office on education issues and needs in the region and on regional positions on national issues.
- Attend three meetings: in April, September and February.
National Guidance and Admission Assembly Council
- Offer advice on College Board programs and services that support universal access to high standards of learning.
- Address issues related to curriculum, articulation, assessment, the governance structure of schools and sustained professional development.
- Plan the Annual Meeting and Forum activities for the assembly.
- Manage the affairs of the National Academic Assembly and advise the Board of Trustees and president of the College Board on matters of concern to the assembly.
- Attend meetings in May and December. All reasonable expenses for these meetings are covered by the College Board.
For questions, please contact Marilyn Shelton at [email protected].