The College Board is pleased to announce the 2018 Higher Education Workshop and College Fair, held in conjunction with the Summer Institute for International Counselors. The program is organized in collaboration with New York University and is hosted on NYU’s campus in New York City. The Summer Institute, now in its 44th year, attracts higher education admission professionals and counselors from international schools around the globe, all of whom are seeking information for their students about higher education options in the U.S. and elsewhere. In 2018, the Higher Education Workshop will be expanded to a 2.5 day workshop in order to offer in-depth discussions and workshops on topics that are essential and timely for professionals in the admissions field.
Higher Ed Attendees will:
- Participate in interactive sessions led by enrollment leaders representing a diverse set of institutions within the global higher education community
- Learn about recent data and trends impacting international student mobility
- Engage in productive discussions with peers about hot topics, strategies, and best practices related to international student recruitment
- Meet with counselors from international-style schools from dozens of countries
- Share information about your university’s programs, majors and curricula, and college culture
- Discuss your institution’s admission requirements, procedures, and financial aid opportunities
This 2.5 day workshop is designed for U.S. admission officers who want to improve their understanding of the international student recruiting landscape during a time of turmoil.
Participants will also be offered a booth at our college fair, from 5–6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 19, where you can discuss your institution's policies, academics, and culture with international secondary school counselors from more than 40 countries.
Ronn Beck, Director of International Admission and Recruitment, Salve Regina University
Dave Buckwald, Director of International Admissions and Strategic Initiatives, Columbia University in the City of New York
Jonathan Burdick, Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid, University of Rochester
Shawn Felton, Director of Undergraduate Admissions, Cornell University
Bobbe Fernando, Senior Assistant Dean and Director of International Admissions, New York University
Robert Willis, Head of Global Operations, The University of Edinburgh
- 1–1:30 p.m.: Check-in/Registration
- 1:30–5 p.m.: Opening Ceremony and Sessions
- 5:30–7:30 p.m.: Welcome Dinner Reception
- Morning: Sessions by strand
- Afternoon: Breakout sessions
- 5–6:30 p.m.: College Fair
- Morning: Sessions by strand
- Afternoon: Breakout sessions and Closing
- 5–6:30 p.m.: Networking Reception with International Counselors
Additional details about the program will be forthcoming.
Registration is now open. Space is limited. Apply now.
Note: All registrations are subject to review and pending availability.
Higher Ed Workshop and College Fair*
College Board Member Rate
*Fee includes registration for the 2.5-day workshop, a table at the College Fair on 6/19, receptions on the evenings of 6/18 and 6/20, lunches on 6/19 and 6/20, and coffee breaks during the program.
For questions, please contact Clay Hensley at [email protected].
See a list of past Summer Institute participants.