The Institute helps counselors to understand the context and currents within U.S. and global university admissions. We are excited to offer institutes at three global locations in 2020.
Visit the links below to learn more about each Institute’s program:
NYU Abu Dhabi | February 26–29, 2020 Learn More
- Expanded 4-day format and college fair – New in 2020!
- Faculty from New York University, Northwestern University, Temple University, Wesleyan University, American Community School Abu Dhabi, King’s Academy and more.
- Register by December 17 for Early Bird Savings.
NYU New York City | June 22–25, 2020 Learn More
New and experienced counselor program strands, interaction with 50+ higher education leaders, and post-institute university visits.
NYU Shanghai | August 18–21, 2020 Learn More
New and experienced counselor program strands – New in 2020!
The College Board Summer Institute series provides counselors with opportunities for in-depth learning, hands-on practice, and extensive interaction with peers and higher education leaders. The Institute is structured upon the following key themes:
- Embracing the concept of "right fit" and navigating the admissions process
- Enhancing counseling practice and developing a professional community
- Enabling students to own their future
Institute faculty are composed of distinguished higher education admissions officers and seasoned counselors from a diverse array of institutions, all of whom are leaders in the international education field.
For more than 45 years, the College Board Summer Institute for International Counselors, in collaboration with the U.S. Department of State’s Office of Overseas Schools (A/OS), has provided comprehensive, interactive training for counselors at international secondary schools and advisors from not-for-profit educational organizations. Starting in 2016, the Institute expanded to three global campus locations of host institution New York University.