2023 College Board Summer Institute for International Counselors – June 20–23, 2023 in New York, NY
Register now for the first in-person Summer Institute for International Counselors since 2019!
Dates: June 20–23, 2023
Location: New York, NY
For more than 47 years, College Board’s Summer Institute for International Counselors has provided comprehensive, interactive training for counselors at international secondary schools and advisors from not-for-profit educational organizations. Faculty include distinguished U.S. higher education leaders and seasoned international counselors.
- Two concurrent program strands to meet the varying needs of counselors: New Counselor and Experienced Counselor
- University leaders discussing current admissions trends and a preview of the 2023-24 cycle
- Interactive workshops on the components of U.S. university applications led by international school counselors
- Mock admissions exercises to gain insight into how universities make application decisions
- Networking with peers from international schools and U.S. colleges and universities
- Wendy Chang, Director of College Counseling, The Bishop's School
- Chemeli Kipkorir, College Counselor, Shanghai American School
- Jeff Neill, Director of College Counseling, Graded Sao Paulo
Higher Ed Speakers:
- Shawn Abbott, Vice President of Enrollment Management, Dean of Admission, Tulane University
- Adele Brumfield, Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, University of Michigan
- Ellen Chow, Dean of Undergraduate Admissions, Johns Hopkins University
- Shawn Felton, Executive Director, Undergraduate Admissions, Cornell University
- Doug Hartog, Director of Undergraduate Admission, University of Virginia
More counselor and higher ed faculty will be forthcoming.
Space is limited. Register by April 15, 2023, to take advantage of early bird savings. The regular registration deadline is May 23, 2023.