Priority Application Deadline: July 24, 2017
The College Board is pleased to announce the 2017 Chinese Bridge Delegation, a weeklong program in China to help educators start or strengthen their institution's Chinese programs and partnerships. Highlights include school visits, cultural activities and educational workshops. Leaders from K-12 institutions are invited to apply for this unique educational trip to China as guests of Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban).
The delegation provides an opportunity to:
- Visit Chinese K-12 schools , meet with Chinese educators, observe classes and interact with students
- Establish meaningful partnerships with Chinese education institutions and network with U.S. colleagues
- Attend presentations on best practices and gather resources to build and support Chinese language and culture programs
- Experience China firsthand and marvel at the rich traditional culture set against stunning modern development
November 2–11, 2017
Who is eligible?
Selection priority will be given to:
- K-12 district administrators, school leaders, and other education decision-makers actively seeking to develop new/expanded Chinese programs. Selected participants are expected to be actively involved in, and able to speak about, their institution's efforts to build or expand a Chinese language and culture program.
Multiple applicants from the same institution will be considered but each applicant is required to submit an individual application.
Note: First-time participants and former delegates are welcome to apply. All applications are subject to individual review and approval and compliance with applicable laws.
Cost to delegates
The program sponsor Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters covers hotels, meals, ground transportation, visits to cultural and historical sites, and other in-China costs.
Participants are responsible for:
- International Airfare (depending on hub, approximately $800 - $1000)
- U.S. domestic travel costs to a designated international hub airport. (depending on hub, approximately $300 - $400)
- International travel insurance. (Prices vary)
- U.S. passport application fees and processing fee. ($140 application fee plus $63 processing fee)
What is included?
The following costs are covered by the program:
- Travel costs in China:
- including hotel accommodations
- group meals
- tour guides and admission tickets
- local and inter-city transportation costs
Do I need a passport?
Yes! Delegates are required to have a valid passport with at least six (6) months validity from the date of departure (i.e., with an expiration date of May 8, 2017, or later). Proof of a valid passport will be required to confirm participation of selected applicants.
Note: If you do not have a valid passport, please obtain one immediately. For more information, please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports.html.
How can I apply to join the Delegation?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Apply now.