We are pleased to announce the 2018 Chinese Bridge Delegation, a weeklong program in China to help educators start or strengthen their institution's Chinese programs and partnerships. Highlights include school visits, cultural activities, and educational workshops. Leaders from K–12 institutions are invited to apply for this unique educational trip to China.
Final Deadline: August 27, 2018
The delegation provides an opportunity to:
- Visit local K–12 schools, meet with educators, observe classes, and interact with students
- Establish meaningful partnerships with Chinese local schools and network with U.S. colleagues
- Attend presentations on best practices and gather resources to build and support Chinese language and culture programs
- Experience the rich traditional culture set against stunning modern development
November 2–11, 2018
Who is eligible?
Selection priority will be given to:
- K–12 district administrators, school leaders, and other education decision-makers actively seeking to develop new/expanded Chinese programs. Selected participants are expected to be actively involved in and able to speak about their institution's efforts to build or expand a Chinese language and culture program.
Multiple applicants from the same institution will be considered, but each applicant is required to submit an individual application.
Note: First-time participants and former delegates are welcome to apply. All applications are subject to individual review and approval and compliance with applicable laws.
Cost to delegates
Participants are responsible for:
- International airfare (depending on hub)
- U.S. domestic travel costs to a designated international hub airport (depending on hub)
- International travel insurance (prices vary)
- China entry visa fees (application fee plus processing fee) and U.S. passport application fees, if a new/renewal passport is needed
What is included?
Hotel accommodations, ground transportation, group meals, visits to cultural and historical sites, and other local costs are covered by the program.
Do I need a passport?
Yes! Delegates are required to have a valid passport with at least six (6) months validity from the date of departure (i.e., with an expiration date of May 3, 2019, or later). Proof of a valid passport will be required to confirm participation of selected applicants.
Note: If you do not have a valid passport, please obtain one immediately. For more information, please visit the U.S. Passport page.
How can I apply to join the Delegation?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Apply now.
For additional information, contact [email protected]
*This program is made possible by Hanban, committed to the development of multiculturalism and providing Chinese language and cultural teaching resources worldwide.