Supporting excellence in the education community
College Board partners with leading philanthropists and organizations to support academic excellence—for students, education professionals, and schools. Through a rigorous evaluative process, the College Board's awards, grants, and financial aid programs support excellence and achievement in the education community and advance the state of education.
Learn more about how you can support your students, your career, and your school with these awards, grants, and financial aid programs.
- AP District Honor Roll: Districts on the annual AP District Honor Roll have shown a commitment to increasing access to AP course work while simultaneously maintaining or increasing the percentage of students earning scores of 3 or higher on AP Exams.
- Gaston Caperton Opportunity Awards: An annual awards program celebrating institutions that have made exceptional progress in preparing traditionally underserved students for college.
- AP Scholar Awards: Each September, the College Board recognizes high school students who have distinguished themselves academically through AP courses and exams.
- AP Summer Institute Scholarships: The Advanced Placement Program® offers three competitive scholarships that provide financial assistance to teachers attending weeklong professional development sessions at AP Summer Institutes.
- Chinese Language and Culture Initiatives: The College Board has launched the Chinese Language and Culture initiatives to help support the growth of Chinese education in U.S. schools and to build a solid foundation for the AP Chinese program. We offer programs to serve schools, teachers, and students.
- PSAT/NMSQT Scholarships & Recognition: Students who take the PSAT/NMSQT may qualify to enter the competitions for prestigious scholarships and participate in recognition programs cosponsored by the College Board and the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC).