Better data for better financial aid decisions
Institutional resources are precious. They need to go to the right students. How can you identify students who need your financial aid resources to enroll?
CSS Profile™ gives you accurate, timely, and complete financial information about your applicants on a schedule that works for your institution. CSS Profile lets you:
- Identify students who need your institutional funds to enroll.
- Use the College Board's Institutional Methodology (IM) to award your private funds.
- Get comprehensive financial aid applicant information that coordinates with your schedule to make the right decisions at the right time.
- Estimate eligibility for federal and state funding to fully understand the student's need for assistance.
- Communicate early with applicants about potential aid eligibility.
The College Board Financial Aid Services has pioneered need-based financial aid solutions for over 60 years. CSS Profile is designed by and for aid administrators to manage the financial aid process in a cost-effective and efficient way. To determine eligibility, css profile uses Institutional Methodology. Each application is concise and easy to use. It’s customized for each student.
CSS Profile benefits
Online application access virtually 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so students meet your institutional deadlines
- Flexible options that allow you to adjust the formula for need-based aid
- Applications tailored to all families, including divorced or separated parents
- Information about special circumstances, so you can evaluate the need for additional funds before an appeal
- Early information about students from low-income backgrounds
Free CSS Profile for qualified students based on an automated fee waiver eligibility check. Nearly 400 colleges, universities, professional schools, and scholarship programs use CSS Profile to award their aid funds equitably to the right students at the right time.