In the dynamic field of higher education, it is more important than ever to develop extraordinary leaders for your campus. The Enrollment Leadership Academy is a year-long program focused on leadership skills, enrollment management issues, and development of the next generation of enrollment leaders.
The Enrollment Leadership Academy is designed for experienced admission and financial aid professionals who are committed to advancing the field of enrollment management. Participants must first be nominated by a supervisor or colleague, and then selected to participate by the College Board. Comprising six regional cohorts, this selective program maximizes learning and networking among all members of the group.
Participants attend mandatory meetings between August and June. Participants are also required to attend their College Board regional forum and the national College Board Forum. All meetings are facilitated by experienced education professionals who cover topics such as:
- Strategic planning
- Data-based decision making
- Trends in enrollment management and financial aid
- College readiness
There is no cost to enroll in the Enrollment Leadership Academy; however travel expenses are the responsibility of participants or their sponsoring institutions. National Forum and regional forum registration fees will be paid by the College Board. In order for participants to get the most out of the Enrollment Leadership Academy and for the program to be a success, participants are required to attend all meetings.
We are accepting nominations for the 2018-19 Enrollment Leadership Academy cohort. Nominations are due by May 4, 2018. Ideal candidates will have:
- Five to ten years of experience in financial aid or undergraduate admission
- A demonstrated commitment to the field of enrollment management
- Significant potential for advancement
Below are the topics and themes covered in the Enrollment Leadership Academy.
- The Role of a Leader
- Vision vs. Mission
- Leadership vs. Management
- Leadership Styles, Conversations, and Best Practices
- Strategic Planning in Enrollment Management
- Data-driven Decision Making
- Predictive Modeling
- Need vs. Merit: Balancing Institutional Goals with Access
- Federal and Institutional Methodologies
- Trends in Financial Aid and College Pricing
- Federal Changes in Financial Aid
The College Board
- Membership and Governance
- Resources and Research for Members
- Global Advocacy and Government Relation
- The Role of Higher Education in College Readiness and P-16
- Shifting Demographics, Beyond the Numbers
- Creating a Pipeline of Qualified Students