In the dynamic field of higher education, it is more important than ever to develop extraordinary leaders. The Enrollment Leadership Academy is a year-long program focused on leadership skills, enrollment management issues, and the development of the next generation of enrollment leaders.
The Enrollment Leadership Academy is designed for experienced admission and financial aid professionals who are committed to advancing the field of enrollment management. Participants must first be nominated by a supervisor or colleague, and then selected to participate by the College Board. Comprising six regional cohorts, this selective program maximizes learning and networking among all members of the group.
Participants attend mandatory meetings between August and June. Participants are also required to attend their College Board regional forum and the national College Board Forum. All meetings are facilitated by experienced education professionals who cover topics such as:
- Strategic enrollment management
- Financial aid
- Emerging conversations and trends
There is no cost to enroll in the Enrollment Leadership Academy; however travel expenses are the responsibility of participants or their sponsoring institutions. National Forum and regional forum registration fees will be paid by College Board. In order for participants to get the most out of the Enrollment Leadership Academy and for the program to be a success, participants are required to attend all meetings.
The nomination window for the 2020-21 Enrollment Leadership Academy cohort is closed. Nominations for the 2021-22 cohort will open in spring of 2021. Ideal candidates will have:
- Five to ten years of experience in financial aid or undergraduate admission
- A demonstrated commitment to the field of enrollment management
- Significant potential for advancement
Below are the topics and themes covered in the Enrollment Leadership Academy.
- Leadership and management
- Management skills and best practices
- Leadership styles
- Career development
Strategic Enrollment Management
- Strategic enrollment planning
- Data-driven practices
- Shifting demographics, beyond the numbers
- Retention and completion
- Cornerstones of financial aid practice
- Trends in student aid and college pricing
- Balancing institutional goals with access and mission
- College Board mission
- Membership and governance
- Assessment and enrollment products
Emerging Conversations and Trends
- College readiness landscape
- Federal and state financial aid policy
- Alternative admissions models