New Offerings from College Board Search
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the College Board is expanding our virtual engagement with students to help connect them to colleges and college opportunity. To fulfill this shared mission and remain the most the reliable source for quality, accurate student information, we’re strengthening College Board Search with the following new offerings:
- Since October, Search users have been able to connect with all eligible students who’ve opted in to the program, regardless of whether they have an assessment score on file. This expansion will give all participating students the opportunity to connect with colleges, even if they’re not able to test this year due to covid-19 cancellations. On October 5, 385,000 new student records became available to license, including students who opted-in while planning their college journey on our website.
- To help you better understand these student records, view the webinar “A Deeper Dive: Accessing All Opted in Students in Search” recorded on October 9, 2020.
- We expanded our National Recognition Programs on September 7. Institutions can now connect with students who have received awards as part of our African American Recognition Program, Indigenous Recognition Program, and Rural and Small Town Recognition Program, in addition to those students who’ve been granted honors through our existing Hispanic Recognition Program.
- For the first time, international students can connect with colleges they designate on their college lists through Interest in my College (IMC). More than 30,000 international students have created a college list and opted into Search, and they are ready to connect with colleges through IMC.
Information about the PSAT/NMSQT Data in Search
High level data from the fall PSAT/NMSQT administrations is now available online. This data be available in College Board Search on December 7, 2020 as we want to give institutions flexibility in when and how they reach out to students. This same flexibility is extended to states, districts, and high schools, who can elect to offer PSAT/NMSQT in either October 2020 or January 2022. We continue to offer PSAT10.
We will also be providing deeper information on the PSAT/NSMQT in College Board Search, in a pair of identical webinars for Search users where we’ll explore the December 7 PSAT/NMSQT data load: Key Facts and Figures About the December 7 PSAT/NMSQT Data Load
- Session 1: December 3, 2020 2:00 PM ET
- Session 2: December 4, 2020, 11:00 AM ET