College Board’s Access and Diversity Collaborative (ADC) provides the information and tools that higher education institutions need to develop and implement policies and practices for educational access and diversity.
We’re a cross-disciplinary group of education professionals and organizations dedicated to upholding the principles of equitable access to higher education and promoting diversity on campus.
As we work to serve higher education institutions and organizations and, ultimately, students, we will continue to be:
- A voice of national advocacy for comprehensive, evidence-based, and legally sound access and diversity policies.
- A resource for sophisticated and pragmatic policy and practice guidance and actionable research to support institutional, mission-based goals, with a focus on the promotion and expansion of educational pathways and opportunities for historically underrepresented populations.
- A group where thought leaders can work collaboratively on policy and practice development, with a focus on:
- Supporting the effective use of data and research connected to real-world policy and practice issues.
- Identifying and developing replicable best practices that reflect sound policy and are legally sustainable.
- Finding common ground to develop a principled and pragmatic policy and practice agenda.
ADC New Publications
Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. v. University of North Carolina, et al.: What the Federal District Court Said and What It Can Mean for Postsecondary Institutions That Consider Race in Admissions
This analysis provides an overview of the recent SFFA v. UNC federal trial court decision upholding UNC’s race-conscious admissions policy.
An Analysis Prepared on Behalf of the College Board Access & Diversity Collaborative
This analysis provides a brief overview of the trial court decision and elevates some major legal and policy implications of the decision for the higher education community.
Engaging Campus Stakeholders on Enrollment Issues Associated with Student Diversity
This guide supports campus leaders as they engage with colleagues and their communities on issues associated with student diversity and admissions.
The Playbook: Understanding the Role of Race Neutral Strategies in Advancing Higher Education Diversity, 2nd Edition
This practical guide provides an overview of race-and ethnicity-neutral strategies and “plays” that can advance institutional diversity interests.
Webinar Recording: A Year-End Access and Diversity Collaborative Double-Header: Major Takeaways from the Recent SFFA v. UNC Court Decision and a Deep Dive on a Race-Neutral Promising Practice. This two-part webinar provides an overview of the SFFA v. UNC federal trial court decision upholding UNC’s race-conscious admissions policy and explores two race-attentive (but race-neutral) strategies to advance diversity and equity interests, as a required condition to establishing the need for any more explicit consideration of race under federal discrimination law. Password to access webinar: access2021!
Webinar: Law, Policy, & Practice: What Everyone Needs to Know about Race & Admissions. This webinar provides training and development for mid-career admission officers on the background on the benefits of diversity, legal principles, and court decisions to help recruit a diverse class. Password to access webinar: access2020!
Webinar: Major Federal Developments Affecting Higher Education Diversity and Admission: Harvard, UNC, and UT Updates. This webinar will provide the latest news and insights from the current wave of federal litigation and administrative agency enforcement activity.
Read More News and Events