The College Board’s Access & Diversity Collaborative (ADC) exists to provide robust information and tools to higher education institutions as they develop and implement policies and practices in support of educational access and diversity.
We’re a cross-disciplinary group of education professionals and organizations dedicated to upholding the principles of equitable access to higher education for all students and promoting diversity on campus.
As we work to serve higher education institutions and organizations and, ultimately, students, we will continue to be:
- A voice of national advocacy for comprehensive, evidence-based, and legally sound access and diversity policies.
- A resource for sophisticated and pragmatic policy and practice guidance and actionable research to support institutional, mission-based goals, with a focus on the promotion and expansion of educational pathways and opportunities for historically underrepresented populations.
- A group where thought leaders can work collaboratively on policy and practice development, with a focus on:
- Supporting the effective use of data and research connected to real-world policy and practice issues.
- Identifying and developing replicable best practices that reflect sound policy and are legally sustainable.
- Finding common ground to develop a principled and pragmatic policy and practice agenda.
Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. v. President and Fellows of Harvard College, U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Students for Fair Admissions (SFFA) alleges and Harvard denies that Harvard failed to satisfy the race neutral alternatives and other evidence of need requirements to justify consideration of race in admissions under the Supreme Court’s standards for compliance with federal law (Title VI), and that Harvard discriminated against Asian students by stereotyping them.
ADC Upcoming Publications
- Holistic Review Guide. This guide combines thought leadership and examples from the field, and a report on key takeaways and forward looking action arising from the Bakke 40th Anniversary Convening on August 1.
- Financial Aid Guide. This guide addresses an area of importance for good policy and legal practice in the current campus, federal, and societal environment.
ADC Member Spotlight
Rice University and The University of Texas at Austin significantly expanded their financial aid programs to better meet the needs of both low- and middle-income students.
Read More News and Events